Minutes of the meeting of Winteringham Parish Council held on Tuesday 1st June in the Tom Thrush Room at the Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm
Parish Councillors J. Bateman (in the chair), K. Ashberry, I. Dowson, W.Foord, P. Hatton, N Hill, Z. Sullivan & P. Tong
North Lincs Councillors Regan, A Smith & L. Cawsey
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 4th MAY 2010
These minutes had been circulated along with the agenda for this meeting. It was proposed by Councillor Foord, seconded by Councillor Hatton that these minutes be accepted as being a true record. They were duly signed.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
a) Play Builder Project – Mr Martin Ely had told the clerk that he would try to attend this meeting.
b) Notice of Vacancy has been posted.
a) Holes in road surfaces – These have not been repaired and are now horrendous.
b) Drain in front of the Village Shop – not repaired
c) New Road Name Signs – on order
d) Banking on High Burgage – no action taken by Highways and not only are areas of the banking dangerous with stones falling on to the road but also the banking does require weeding.
e) Town End Junction and Speed calming measures on Cliff Road - e mail received from Roy Hindmarsh giving a resume of the results of the monitoring.
Winteringham Haven Sign – graffiti. Wayne Hill had replied to the Clerk’s e mail saying that a team will be sent out to try and remove the aerosol paint.
Highways will be notified that the 30 mph signs on Silver Street can not be seen due to the overhanging trees.
The street light on the footpath from Hewde Lane to Frost Close is still flickering on and off.
The Clerk will once again contact North Lincs Council with regard to these issues.
a) New applications
2010/0513 – Permission requested to retain storage sheds and garage in amended positions at the Primary School
b) Planning Permissions Granted – None received
Inspections - Councillor Tong gave his report. He commented that the tennis net has been put up incorrectly (i.e. wrong posts in the holes). The handyman will be asked to use the other posts.
Holes in surface of AWSF/covers for post holes – Councillor Dowson said that he thought that Mr Fletcher has been out to look at
the job. He will chase this up.
Painting of the Swings – Quote from Holmes & Musgrave was accepted at the last meeting and the swings have now been painted. Councillor Tong said that he felt that the firm has done an excellent job.
Play Builder Project – Unfortunately Mr Martin Ely did not manage to attend the meeting so the councillors had an informal discussion re the refurbishment of the play equipment.
The Clerk was asked to contact Mr Ely for clarification of his proposals for the new equipment. They would like to know just what equipment he thinks should be put on the site (the children certainly want a slide). The councillors are worried about the safety aspects of having a ‘zip line’.
Our Insurance Company will be contacted to find out the financial implication with regard to our Public Liability Insurance cover.
Mr Thompson has been very busy with grass cutting. There have been some minor incidents of vandalism and he has been required to clean up broken glass, etc.
REPAIRS & REPLACEMENTS AROUND THE VILLAGE
E mail received from David Sanderson saying that he is waiting for instructions from his superior re work requiring attention.
Footpath 318 has been cut but the steps were left and are rather overgrown. The Clerk will ask once again if he has any ‘No Dog Fouling’ signs.
REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES
Neighbourhood Watch - Nothing new to report.
NATS - Nothing relevant to the village to report.
Cemex – There was nothing Councillor Dowson wished to report.
Village Hall - Successful Car Boot Sale held. Approximately £200 was raised for Village Hall funds.
Items for inclusion were discussed:
·Report on the findings with regard to speeding on Cliff Road
·The Play Builder Grant
·Tennis net is now up and the court is available for everyone to use
·(The vacancy on the council if an election has not been requested)
·Telephone Number for contacting C.E. Electric
Mr Harry Wells will be asked to let Councillor Bateman have the Newsletter as soon as it is ready for copying. Mr & Mrs Wells will be asked if they are still happy to staple the newsletters or if they wish the printers to do this.
The councillors unanimously agreed that the cost of delivering the newsletter should be increased to £25.
North Lincolnshire Council
a) Forthcoming Meetings
b) Letter from Neighbourhood Services
c) Local Development Framework - draft
a) C.E. Electric – Community Update
b) Waste Recycling – Newsletter
c) Letter from Ian Cawsey
d) The Playing Field Newsletter
Items to bring to the Notice of the Chair/Clerk
It has been reported that some trees have been cut down on Silver Street although none of the councillors appeared to be sure where. This is a conservation area and permission would be required before the felling of any trees. The Clerk will investigate.
The councillors asked the Clerk if she could contact the gentlemen who had attended the meeting last year to find out if they had any further information with regard to flooding issues.
Next Meeting will be on 6th July
The meeting closed at 8.45 pm.